Help and advice

The information on this page is written for young people in Buckinghamshire with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Person with heart icon

What’s on this page

It explains about the different types of support you can access via Bucks SEND Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service.

You can find examples of the types of issues that young people might want to access support for. This includes help with school/college, understanding EHC Plans, and how to get the right support.


Who can get support?

  • Young people with SEND up to 25 years old.
  • If you live in Buckinghamshire, even if you attend school/college in a different area.
  • You do not need a diagnosis to get help from SEND IAS.
  • All help will be provided confidentially. You can choose for your parents/carers to be involved, or you can choose to get help independently.

Contact SEND IAS

Information for young people with SEND

Click on the buttons below to find out more.

Lightbulb icon

Unfair exclusion

I have just been unfairly excluded from school. What can I do?

Read more

Lightbulb icon

Learning support

I’m finding school/college really difficult. What can I do?

Read more

Lightbulb icon

Named school/college

I don’t want to go to the school/college named on my EHC Plan. What can I do?

Read more

Lightbulb icon

Moving to Bucks

I have just moved to Bucks and I have an EHC plan. What do I do?

Read more

The SEND Local Offer

Buckinghamshire Council has written the Local Offer for children and young people with SEND, to provide information and guidance about a range of services and organisations that you can access.

SEND Local Offer

our local offer in colourful text

If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at

Skip to content