Help and support

Is something worrying you?

There are lots of sources of help and support listed on this page.
If you can’t find what you need, please feel free to contact us.

Contact us

icon of two people hugging

The Bucks Family Information Service

The Bucks Family Information Service (BFIS) provides information and support for children, young people and families.

This includes information about general activities for young people, like youth clubs, skills workshops, and sports programmes.

It includes a page on help for young people and a page on mental health and young people.

It also hosts the Bucks SEND Local Offer, which is a collection of information and resources for families with a child or young person with a Special Educational Need or Disability (SEND).

Screen grab of BFIS home page

The Family Centres

Buckinghamshire has 16 Family Centres that provide a range of sessions and universal health services for families with children aged 0 to 19 years (or up to age 25 for those with SEND). You can find out more about the Family Centres by visiting the Family Centre page on the BFIS website.

The Family Centres are there to support children, young people, and families. Young people are welcome to visit to talk to somebody about a problem or get advice, attend a helpful class, or even just use the WiFi.

Family Centre Youth Drop-ins

Southcourt, Mapledean, and Newtown are each a “Family Centre Plus”. This means that young people can call or drop in to these centres to talk to a friendly professional anytime between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. No booking required – just show up!

photo of youth room at Southcourt Family Centre

Youth Centres

Youth Centres host regular groups and sessions for young people.
You can also find a youth club on the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service website.

Reporting a worry about a child or young person

If you are worried about a child or young person, including yourself, there are ways for you to get help.

Talk to Childline

You can contact Childline about anything. Whatever your worry, it’s better out than in. Childline are there to support you.
There are lots of different ways to speak to a Childline counsellor or get support from other young people.

Visit the Childline website


Reporting a worry to the Council

If you think a child or young person (including yourself) might be at risk of harm, you can report this via the Buckinghamshire Council website. You have the option not to give your details.

Report a concern

Other ways to contact the Council

You can also discuss any concerns by calling the First Response Team.
The phone number for the First Response Team is 01296 383962. They are available from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm, and on Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you need an urgent response outside of these hours, call the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) on 0800 999 7677.

You can find out more on the Council’s safeguarding webpage.

Immediate danger

If a child or young person is in immediate danger, call 999 or report a crime on 101.

Skip to content