Bucks Youth Summit 2023 – Spaces and Places for Young People
Key messages received:
- Most young people do not have a library card – many did when they were younger, but haven’t been to the library in years. The opportunity to join online was well-received.
- Many young attendees were interested in accessing events and books on STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths).
- Young people often need, and struggle to access, quiet study spaces. They would like libraries to offer quiet study spaces to young people.
- Attendees were interested the libraries’ eResources – especially those who would struggle to get to their local library due to distance.
- Attendees were happy to hear about the Reading Well collection (about supporting mental health).
More information coming soon!