Help shape the SCPHN School Nurse Programme!
Buckinghamshire New University are excited to invite you to join a special event dedicated to shaping their School Nurse Programme!
This interactive session aims to gather valuable insights from you, and we’d like to extend an invitation to your parents or carers to take part in some of the activities too.
This opportunity is available for young people in Buckinghamshire aged 13 – 25.
Date: Saturday 25th November 2023
Time: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM
Location: You can choose!
- We’d love you to join us on High Wycombe Campus – Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 2JZ.
- But we know that won’t suit everyone so there will be an option to join us online too via MS Teams.
What will we get up to?
We will explore together:
- Who School Nurses are and what they do
- What you think aspiring School Nurses should learn
- What you think of what we have come up with for them to learn so far
We will also have the opportunity for you to:
- Hear from some of our students of their experiences of studying a health rerated course at BNU and ask questions
- Spend some time with some of our academics who teach the courses, ask questions and also have a go with some of the equipment we use to teach
- Have a Campus Tour – including the Library and resources centre, Skills and simulation suites (wards, operating theatres etc)
Parent and Carer Session:
Parents and carers are encouraged to stay for the session from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM, where they will have the opportunity to learn about School Nursing and engage in discussions. Following this, we have a dedicated session for parents from 11:00 AM to 11:45 AM. Refreshments will be provided, and parents and carers are welcome to continue their conversations with each other.
That said, young people are welcome to get involved without their parent/carer attending.
About School Nursing
You can find out more about School Nursing on the BHT and Schools Web websites:
This opportunity is being run in partnership with Youth Voice Bucks and the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust Young Volunteers programme.
- If you are already involved in a Youth Voice Bucks project (Youth Voice Executive Committee, We Do Care or Shout Out for SEND), WhatsApp Krissie on 07825928053 to express your interest.
- If you are already involved in the BHT Young Volunteers programme, email Sylvie on firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
- If you are not involved in either of these projects, please register for the Youth Voice Bucks programme by completing our registration form and emailing it to YouthVoiceBucks@Buckinghamshire.gov.uk. There is a version with parent/carer consent and a version for older young people to self-consent.
Please make sure you register and express your interest by the end of the day on Monday 20 November.
We look forward to your valuable input in shaping the School Nurse Programme! Your insights are crucial to our success!