The Council for Disabled Children are currently recruiting new members of their young people’s advisory group, FLARE.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 19 May.
The flyer says…
We are recruiting for FLARE!
FLARE is the Department for Education’s national young SEND advisory group. FLARE members work together to shar their views and experiences to help the Government, and other organisations, understand how children and young people want to receive the support and services they need.
Join us and add your voice!
The Council for Disabled Children are looking for disabled young people and young people with special educational needs (SEN) aged 12-18 years old to be part of our young people’s advisory group FLARE. FLARE stands for Friendship, Learning, Achieve, Reach, and Empower.
FLARE represents the views and voices of disabled young people and those with SEN all over England. FLARE works together to share their views and experiences to help the Department for Education and other teams to understand how disabled children and young people and those with SEN want to receive teh support and services they need.
What will you gain?
- Get to meet and work with new people
- Get to share your views and ideas
- Gain new skills
- Help to make support and services reflect what disabled children and young people and those with SEN think
- Share your experiences and expertise
- Give feedback and advice
- Talk to professionals about how to make positive changes to improve things for all disabled young people and those with SEN
- Take part in 6 meetings a year
For more information and to apply…
To apply, please visit the FLARE recruitment page on the Council for disabled children’s website.
Email Ga-Ling at email@example.com if you have any questions.